Wednesday 25 February 2015

92.4

I've had a good few days. I ended up buying a treadmill which we'll be picking up on Sunday. It has a crack in the plastic casing that is down the bottom, it's been glued up so apparently doesn't look great but it meant that it sold for $75 and as it doesn't make any difference to how it runs I thought it's probably the cheapest that I'm going to get. My friend Antje who has joined me on the challenge just ran 1 km yesterday so it's time to get my arse into gear and catch up with her! Though I think I'll be going more slowly, I'd rather be able to jog all the way around the lake at a slow pace than go full on and have to stop a few times. I liked myself to Cliff Young, I will jog slowly but I will get there in the end. And I'm old and grey. And there will be a movie made about me....
I put on a top that hadn't fitted me yesterday. Last time I put it on it gave me the round pregnancy tummy that we all desire. I was a bit worried about trying it so soon but it not only fit me, it had room to move! I was most excited. As I'm nearing the half way mark as far as weight loss in concerned I am really looking forward to being able to fit into even more clothes and getting even slimmer. It's funny if I had started this journey at 90 kilos I would have felt huge and crappy still, because I'm so far along and have been eating well too, my whole demeanor has changed so even though I am overweight I look healthier. Here's a picture of me in my new / old top :

 

 
Here's a photo of the dress that is my inspiration to fit into. A friend gave it to me 2 years ago but it had the zip broken. I tried it on the other day and it nowhere near fitted me but I was trying to assess whether it would be worth fixing. My Bridie who is 10 came in and said how pretty it was and how pretty I looked in it so I had it fixed and picked it up yesterday. I tried it again and it still wont do up but it will one day. It is only a size 14 after all. So here it is. I can't wait to be wearing it to show you all!
 
Lastly, I thought I'd show a comparison to silly selfie photos that I have done when in bed, either with my kids or with our pets. Now I know that you can have double chins quite easily in photos, especially selfies. But it's the health aspect that I notice more. The first one is of my son Bill's dog Maggie with me having a cuddle a few weeks ago. The second one is of my girls and I having a silly selfie cuddle just this week. I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet but I do like to look at things like this to keep me going. I feel totally different and it's only going to get better!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment