Wednesday 21 January 2015

Water

I am doing what everybody tells you not to and weighing in every day at the moment. Because I had such a good loss last week and I'm still in the detox stage, I want to keep seeing how well I'm doing. I had lost .2 and then yesterday had lost nothing and as I'm doing everything to the letter I wasn't sure why. So I upped my water. I think because I'd been doing a little bit of driving around I hadn't been drinking as much as I should. I drank lots yesterday and was rewarded with a .5kg loss this morning. I should have known that. When I did Weight Watchers years ago I could have a crap week foodwise but drink heaps of water and have a good loss, or have a great week foodwise but drink stuff all water and not lose much. It's such a simple thing, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't drink enough of it.
I had a bit of excitement today when I looked down and saw that I could once again see the little bones that are my ankles. I had this experience when I lost a little weight last year but they fattened up again as the rest of me did. I'm determined to make sure that doesn't happen again!
I'm already feeling better as far as my joints are concerned. I have been taking magnesium since last week so that may have something to do with it too. I'm tired as I haven't been sleeping the best, I'm trying not to have too many coffees and to tell you the truth I haven't even really felt like having them that much.
I've not even really been that hungry at night, by the time my 'real' meal comes. I have taken to using the Thermomix and chopping up my allowed foods - mushrooms, carrots, capsicum, lettuce, tomato, onion - these are the allowed salad ingredients. Half of these I don't like raw so I chop them up finely and chuck my tin of tuna on top which is pretty yummy. The allowance of food for meals is rather large and I often can barely get through it.
I am going away for a weekend in 2 1/2 weeks so I'm hoping that I'm on to stage 2 by then. I don't think there's a hell of a lot of difference but you can add flavour to your meals which will be lovely. At the moment I can just have fish or chicken with veggies which I bake or steam and it's bland as anything. I can have things like pepper and lemon which I haven't tried, I have had balsamic vinegar though. I can also have wraps in stage 2 so am already trying to plan my meals in my head. I'm thinking I'll swap to the shakes for my snacks and eat the meals I'm allowed. One of the breakfast options is a poached egg on toast so at least I'll still feel like I'm having a cooked breakfast if we eat out.
So still going! I'll check in again soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment